SECUR provides innovative project-specific technical support through our Technical Service Group.
Our team of professionals is an integral part of the SECUR total solution package. With our experience and expertise, we have saved both government and industry million of dollars while accelerating projects and improving project safety.
We deliver technical services personnel, when needed, to your site to support your needs effectively.
Our capabilities allow us to provide many types of value-added services for your projects. Our objective is to provide successful project completion with maximum effectiveness and minimal cost.
We can provide various levels of project support to meet your specific requirements or to enhance your existing in-house capabilities on an “as needed” basis.
Some of our services include:
Consulting & Technical Services Solutions
Examples of services available
- Transportation Engineering
- Feasibility Studies, including cost and schedule analysis for rail, truck, marine, airfreight, and intermodal transportation projects.
- Transport route evaluation, including regulatory compliance analysis, cost, schedule comparison and safety factor analysis
- Dedicated transportation logistic program design and operation; programs can be provided at your site or from one of our strategic locations
- Alternative transportation equipment recommendation and supply services
- Material handling and transfer system design, installation and operation
- Hazardous material evaluation services to develop proper packaging design
- Transportation and packaging equipment decontamination services
- Technical services for shipping over-dimensional and overweight cargo and machinery
- Perform sensitive movements i.e. radioactive contaminated or high security
- Experts in tie down and securement options
- Perform all clearance evaluations
- Provide transportation plans & specialized routing instructions for shipments
- Provide lifting and rigging plans, services and field management implementation
- Provide tie-down arrangements and engineered blocking/bracing drawings for implementation in the field.
- Analysis and Development of Alternative Packaging Solutions
- Research transport and packaging design for US DOT, AAR and international requirements
- Design custom packaging and/or containers
- Design Flexible or Surface Contaminated Object wrap materials for packaging requirements
- Provide independent inspection services to evaluate waste material packages and their suitability for use, reuse or reconditioning purposes
- Alternative packaging equipment recommendation and supply services
- Rail Facilities and Rail Line Evaluation
- Rail line engineering and construction services
- Development of rail service infrastructure or repair
- Railcar inspection services
- Rail line readiness and condition assessment services, including project design, engineering, construction and facility operation for origin or destination facilities.
- Technical Plan Development and Implementation
- Sampling and Analysis Plans for proper packaging and transportation requirements provided for hazardous, non-hazardous and radiological materials
- Emergency Response plan development and management services
- Waste Management Plans
- On-site and Off-site requirements for material handling and transportation system design
- Waste Profiling/Characterization to assure proper material handling, transportation and disposition.
- Health and Safety Plans
- Can be developed and implemented to insure proper management during handling, transportation and transloading of products and materials.
- Can be provided for proper operation of on-site facilities used in the equipment loading or transportation process.
- Broker Services
- Generation of manifest, bill of lading, and other shipping documentation
- Completion of Waste Profile Records
- Transport vehicle and package inspection services
- Radiological surveys of transport vehicle and package provided for proper transport
- Transportation and Logistical Service design and implementation
- Treatment & Disposal Facility Review and Selection
- Assessment Services
- Regulatory Compliance of packaging and transportation systems
- Quality Assurance Program development for packaging, equipment, and transportation services
- Root cause analysis and corrective action recommendations to address safety, equipment, personnel and transportation management issues
- Regulatory and safety compliance audit of transportation service providers